Disability Awareness Scholarship
Now Accepting Applications for the 2015 Award
MilitaryVALoan.com is pleased to offer scholarships in support of disability awareness. Every year, a prospective or current college student will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship to help with the costs associated with attending school.
Applicants should submit an essay between 500 and 1000 words about how they or someone they knew overcame disability to do something great. This year’s potential award winners will be judged by the editorial staff of MilitaryVALoan.com and selected on February 10th, 2015. Applications for this scholarship period will close one month prior to the announcement date on January 10th, 2015.
Applications are welcome and accepted from anybody who meets the Application requirements. Whether or not you have a disability, we would love to review your application, as the scholarship is not restricted – only meant to bring awareness.
MilitaryVALoan.com is proud to support the advancement of disability awareness and hopes to be able to contribute to continued disability support and improving the schooling of those with disabilities.
Please review the Application Requirements and submit all necessary information if you wish to apply. Applications, questions and any inquiries should be sent to scholarship@MilitaryVALoan.com.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to applicant chosen.
- Scholarship shall benefit any person 17 years of age or older who is currently accepted to a college program but not yet started, or any current undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in and attending an institution of higher education.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and/or attending a full-time higher education program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Application Process
- Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he/she will receive a mailed a W9 tax form to be completed and returned. Upon return of the W9 form, the scholarship check will be delivered to their address. The winner of the scholarship award will be fully responsible for the taxes incurred from receiving the award.
- MilitaryVALoan.com will not contact individual applicants unless they are the scholarship recipient. Applicants should visit our website after the closing date to verify the winner.